If you have a busy lifestyle, eating in a restaurant may be the norm. How can you maintain your healthy eating habits when you have to eat out on a regular basis?
It is easier than you may think!
Here are some tips on how to find healthy selections when dining out:
- Look for protein on the menu. Do they offer grilled chicken breast, lean beef, shrimp, tuna or beans? These are healthier options;
- Look for ways to add veggies to your meal. Are there salads available? Can you add or substitute veggies as a side?
- Combining these two strategies will help you get healthy proteins and veggies in your meal;
- Watch the appetizers. They tend to typically be large portions. Pick one or two smaller ones instead;
- Remember that soups and salads are always great options!
Start keeping a list of restaurants that have healthy menu options. Check out the posts below that may help you.
Tips For Eating Healthy When Eating Out – ChooseMyPlate.gov
25 Healthiest Restaurant Meals – The Daily Beast
Keeping your healthy goals in place while eating in a restaurant does not have be a challenge. Many restaurants today are offering much more healthy options.
Tomorrow our topic is for frequent travelers.